Tuesday, September 27, 2011

On Being Free and Indepedent

At an early age of 22, I can honestly say I am very much free and independent. Yes, I believe I am. Not convinced yet? Let me share to you a few things:

I am free and independent because:

  • I live on my own (co-live actually)
  • I pay monthly bills
  • I live the life I chose
  • I can do whatever I want
  • I can go wherever and whenever I want to
  • I don't have to keep up with a curfew
  • I don't have to feel guilty for spending too much
  • I seem to always have the time of my life
But guess what? All of these may seem really nice, but sometimes you'll get to realize that life is better with the word--restrictions.

The word seemed vague to me now. I have forgotten to put a little of it to my current way of living. I have been too overwhelmed of exercising my freedom and independence that I forgot taking care of  myself. Well, I do take care of myself but sometimes I tend to overuse my fragile body and not to mention my highly maintained health condition.

No one else suffers the consequences of my actions but me. And that's a good thing though. I don't get blamed or whatever. At least I did not walk my life by staying on the sidelines. I messed up, got f*cked up but will surely get back up.

No comments: